Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I've been tagged!

Holy cow Dena! I don't think I can be as eloquent as you are. But I guess I've been tagged and I have to try and think of something. I really don't think that I'm all that unique ...

7 unique things about me ...

1. I love bread and milk! Yes, I know you all think I'm crazy, but I grew up on the stuff and I absolutely love it! I've actually been really proud of myself lately because I've been making whole wheat bread ... yes, from scratch ... which gives me the opportunity to have bread and milk. (It's just too disgusting to have store bought bread and milk ...)

2. I've drove the Stage Coach in Jackson. Yes, that is something unique only because many of my friends have never drove a team of horses let alone the team pulling the Stage Coach through Jackson Hole. Many of my happiest and fondest memories were going to Jackson each summer for Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, and Labor day. We often went at other times, but those were the big days with parades and many tourists. I've been in those parades every year and hardly ever watched one in it's entirety. The four years I was in college I was able to work in Jackson for two of those years and helped my dad and uncles. I loved driving the stage coach and meeting people from all over the world. I even acted in the Shoot Out for a while one summer and had such a blast. These memories are very important to me, and I miss so much those days! (Especially the summer working with Dena and all the crazy things we did. I've never had anyone that understood me so much and been as good of a friend since that summer.)

3. I actually love harvest time and driving spud and beet truck with and for my husband and his family. Maybe that's not entirely unique. I'm sure there are many wives who love this. I enjoy it so much and will be extremely sad this year because I'm not able to help full time. I realize this year it is much more important to take care of my newborn and there will be many more harvests to come ... but as "unique" as it may be, I will miss the thrill of harvest.

4. My husband helps me and loves me unconditionally. Ok, this is not unique at all! There are many husbands exactly the same way. But I am extremely thankful for all that he does for me and my family. I know I'd be insane ... more than I am ... if it wasn't for him. (Unfortunately, I do probably drive him insane ...)

5. I LOVE family history! I think this is unique because many people my age don't think much about family history and genealogy. I owe this to my mother who has always been working on her genealogy since I was born. I love to read about my ancestors and try and find out about those we know nothing about. I'm sure this is why scrapbooking has been such an important part of my life even back in the days when it wasn't as popular as it is now.... back when there weren't any stores and construction paper was more popular than cardstock.

6. I have 2 beautiful and independant girls. Once again, not unique, but I feel my girls are. They are both very determined to be their own person and I appreciate that. It may be hard at times to get them to see things my way ... which, why can't they just do what I say ... but I also want them to be strong and confident girls. I love them both very much!

7. I have 1 loveable, funny, energetic boy! I love his attitude which is happy most of the time. He also sees things his way, but always wants to please his mother. He is very hurt if he thinks I am unhappy with him in anyway. He LOVES his dad so much and wants to be exactly like him. There isn't anyone I would rather him be like than his dad! He wants to be a farmer and tells everyone this. He knows every tool in the service pickup and swears he can ride the four wheeler by himself so he can go to Grandma and Grandpa's by himself. I can't wait to have our next little boy so Jake can teach him everything he knows.

Okay, I tag Kayla, Annie, Alisa, and anyone else who may read this blog. Not sure if there are that many .... Thank you Dena for tagging me. This made me really think about myself and realize I have a lot to be grateful for.

4 comments:

Dena Moon said...

I loved reading your 7 things! I love you and miss you! I'm so thankful to have your friendship in my life~YOU ARE AMAZING!
What is the stagecoach up to now? I should take Spencer this summer, is Gerald still running it? Its been so long since I've been there!
And I agree, your kids are wonderful!

Kayla Evans said...

Man, I hate when you point out that you won't be driving truck this harvest. I really don't know how enjoyable it will be this year without you there all the time. I have really enjoyed it the last few years. :(

Annie said...

Ok your things about the girls and Jake brought tears to my eyes! I don't even know why, it was just so sweet. I don't have a blog to post things on though!

Alisa said...

You love bread and milk too?? What is it with you guys. Barry can't get enough. I make wheat bread as well and he always has to have his bread and milk. He has tried to convert me but I just can't love soggy bread! :)

Archive