Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Reunion Time ... 2009

I was in charge of my immediate families reunion this year. (Beware ... this post has a TON of pictures) I decided to save on time and money for everyone that we would just have it at my house. I wanted to go to Yellowstone ... that would have been fun ... but it was going to cost more than I wanted to spend for all of us to be able to travel together. So I planned a fun BBQ at my house Thursday night, and a fun day Friday. Thursday I took some pictures of my gorgeous neice Brooke! She plans on being a cop in Vegas ... so be careful folks!





On Friday we made a yummy breakfast and then packed up a lunch of hogies and headed for Ross Park in Pocatello. A few were concerned about the weather because it was a bit breezy but after a while we decided to go try it. It was clear and sunny here but breezy. It looked the same toward Poky. WELL ... as soon as we got about a mile from the exit it started sprinkling and we could see a black cloud ... JUST OVER ROSS PARK! So we thought we'd just sit it out ... you could see blue sky's all around ... we were certain it would blow over! WELL ... it didn't. So we ate our lunch at a shelter next to the swimming area and hoped it would still blow over. WELL ... it didn't. It started to hail! I had a good time tho. I was really grateful for everyone's positive attitude that they had. It made me realize that we can really have a good time just being together no matter what we are doing. I do feel bad for those who got sick because of the cold. That isn't fun!



We decided to just come home and we shot some clay pigeons and the kids rode four wheelers and Barry's Rhino, and played in the sand box or jumped on the trampoline. Then each family made a dutch oven dish. We had a few different chicken meals done, potatoes, baked beans, corn bread, and peach cobbler. Barry and Alisa brought stuff for smores ... but we were all so full we didn't get around to that. (Sorry guys)






After we ate we took some family pictures and some goofy pictures of everyone. It was a lot of fun! They aren't in any particular order....


All the girls (minus Angie and Kimmie who couldn't make it to the reunion.


Sherrie, Erik, and Amy

DeAna and Scott's Family




Kelly, Sandra, Brooke, and Tanner's family

Brooke, Amy, and Emalee

The Grandson's. (minus Landon, and minus Great-Grandson Dustin)

We are tough!

The Grandkids (minus Landon - sleeping, and Great-grandson Dustin - not there)

Oh Ya, we're really tough!!

The whole Gang! (minus Angie, Kimmie, Carlos, and Dustin)

The original FIVE. haha

Can you hear me now???



All the Boys (minus Carlos and Dustin)

Thank you everyone for coming and for having such a wonderful time!! I love you guys!

Also, Barry is deploying for Iraq next month and will be gone for 7 months. We wish him luck and are thankful for his service and his families sacrifice! We LOVE you so much!!! Good luck and we will miss you!


8 comments:

DeAna said...

SO awesome!!! We had the greatest time. You did a great job, and I agree that it doesn't matter where you are or what you're doing--you can still have fun just being together. The hail storm ROCKED (pun intended)!!!
I'm ready for SMORES now...
Love to you all--Much much much love!!!

DeAna said...

Enlarge the "phone" picture to see ML's expression!! TOO FUNNY!!!
(Everybodies expression was pretty funny)

Mary Lynn Evans said...

I know! I don't know why I was looking that way. Maybe I was disgusted with the phone call! ;)

Michelle said...

how fun that you guys do that and have been keeping it up. Loved all the pictures. I hope the Ray Humpherys family will start that tradition up soon.

Annie said...

You weren't kiddin it had lots of pictures! Looks like you guys had tons of fun.

Melanie said...

That looked like so much fun. What a good idea to have a immediate family reunion. Loved all the pictures and thanks for the meal ideas and the nice compliment. Your wonderful.

Alisa said...

Okay..I am just getting to read and catch up on all of my blogs. Very cute pictures. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hang out with you guys again. See you in a week!

lisa said...

Love, love, love the photos!! You are a fabulous photo taker! It was fun to see everyone at the family reunion and to see these photos of my cousins I haven't seen for a while! Sorry to hear about your heart. Hope all is well.

Archive