Saturday, January 23, 2010

Basketball

J started the city league ... well, I guess it's more county ... here January 23rd. I remember playing when I was his age and how fun it was. I'm wishing I would have put Pickle in a couple years ago but she acted like she didn't want to. I think she secretly wishes she would have now. And Turtle can't wait unti she is old enough. She really wishes she could play right now. I have pictures of J's cousin B also. His game was just before ours and he stayed overnight the night before since his parents were out of town. They were able to go and watch each other.

Warming Up

B's game was first. Here he is warming up.







At the end of the game! They are pretty good friends.
disclaimer: I have no idea how to take good action pictures and they are all grainy and blurry. STINKY!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Good for him. I can't wait to put J-Man in things like that. Proabably next year. As for the action shots, I went to a photography class a few weeks ago and the guy who taught it takes sports pics as a side job. He said the gym is the absolutly hardest place to take pictures, but your best bet is to open the aperture all the way and have a really fast shutter speed. Hope that helps.

Mary Lynn Evans said...

I did have the aperture and shutter speed that way. I had my ISO high too which could be why it's grainy. I think my focus mode was not set correctly tho. I'm going to change that and see if they are better this Saturday. I really enjoyed your pics of the Winter carnival too! Thanks for your comment!

Kayla Evans said...

ML I LOVE these pictures. They turned out great! I love the blurry ball.....you can feel the game in the pictures. Thanks for getting pictures of my little B!!! We love that you guys come to his games....and love to watch J too!

Archive