I promise we aren't crying wolf!!
A couple of weeks ago on Mother's day we were coming home from my in-laws house when I swear I saw a wolf. It was bigger than just an average dog, but it was late so I decided I was probably just seeing things and maybe it was one of those husky dogs even tho I didn't know anyone who had a dog like that in the area. Gary and the kids didn't see it so I just told myself I was mistaken.
Well, a few days ago, on the 17th of May, my Father-in-law called my husband and told him he saw a wolf out in the field across the highway from our house by is mother's house. (Gary's Grandma's house). So I told Gary to bring the camera and off he went to investigate.
Gary said these are definitely not his dad's dog's tracks or any dog's tracks he's seen. They were much bigger. The knife is 5 inches from point to tip and the tracks are very deep. Dean thought even deeper than his own foot prints.
They said the foot prints were close together here and then the next set is about 4 feet away, so a stride of about 4 feet.
My friend sent me a link to a website about wolves also that seemed very similar to these tracks. Check it out. http://washingtonwolf.info/identification.html
I really can't say for sure if it was or is, but I do think it's crazy if wolves have made their way all the way down here. My opinion is they shouldn't have introduced them back. I also think it's ironic that the elementary school my children go to has a Timber wolf as their mascot. Maybe we can catch it and they can use it for show n tell. haha







4 comments:
Oh boy, maybe I don't want move back! JK
Yes, the time I saw the wolf the first time was in the field across from your in-laws!!
And that is where we plan to build our hous! I don't think I can live there unless I have proof that it is gone. I think Trent will have to get a wolf tag this year. I really don't want a wolf in my back yard!!!!!!!!! Ok, now that I have freaked out, I will convince my self to be a rational person and maybe I can get over it.
That's a great idea. Not many Elementary Schools have a live mascot--especially not a wolf. Start setting traps. Haha!!
Post a Comment