Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to School

Well, "summer" is officially over.  At least the time off from school is.  I am still looking forward to warm days however, since the season started later than I would have liked.  So here is to a comfortable fall!


To catch up on of the last events we did this summer:

Gary had his birthday and my niece got married the same day.  We went down to her wedding and then stopped at Crater's of the Moon on the way back.  Since it was spur of the moment we weren't very prepared (with flip flops & no water) but we still had fun.  Maybe another time we can go and be better prepared.  My niece was a beautiful bride and her husband is a pretty neat guy.



J-ster was able to go on a trek/Wagon Train with his Grandpa Humpherys for a week before school started. They traveled from Montpelier, ID to Afton, WY.  They slept in the Covered Wagon my dad built. {See picture here} They didn't take any pictures on the trek but he said he had a TON of fun.  He rode in his Grandpa's covered wagon as well as rode "Little Joe" part of the days.  The last day he rode the whole way which was 12 to 14 miles.  He thought that was pretty cool.  He was the youngest one on the trip with a few older girls there with their parents.  He made lots of friends, young and old.  He did help drive the four wheeler pulling the port-a-potty as well some of the trip.  Since he gets to drive four-wheeler all the time here his Grandpa made sure he did mostly horse related stuff most of the time though.  {haha}

Pickle performed in her end of summer recital {which J-ster conveniently missed}.  They did perform I Am a Child of God the Sunday before he left and did such a good job.  They had been working on and practicing that song for several months and finally got it.  I never did get a video of them practicing it.  I wish I could have.  They had many compliments.

2 comments:

Richard and Becky Curzon said...

I can't believe my little Emalee is now in 5th grade:)

Mary Lynn Evans said...

I can't believe it either!! We miss you at Wapello too!! Hope all is going well!

Archive