Plus we have started harvest and have been quite busy. The weather these last couple days have stopped us dead in our tracks however, and so I am spending some time on the computer. (And our furnace won't light so I'm snuggled up in blankets and not wanting to move ... thus playing on the computer)
SO, what have we been doing? I honestly can't remember. I will try to update as well as I can since school has started.
1- Gus turned 3 years old. He is getting so big. I also got these fun birthday questionnaire's off of Lee Lou's blog. How much fun!! Check them out and download for yourself.

2- Turtle started taking violin lessons with the other kids. She is also in TaVaci and really enjoys it. She has always loved to perform and this is right up her ally. It will be fun to watch their performances. She loves school. She plays football at recess, or basketball, or any sport that is going on out there. She is reading super well and loves math as well. She just loves school!
3- Snake has continued with violin because he wants to learn how to play the guitar. I told him he has to show me he can discipline himself with the violin first and then he can learn guitar. Some days he remembers that motivation and other days he forgets. He loves school but he doesn't like homework. Who does, tho, right? We are needing to work harder with him and I know he'll get it eventually. He's a good reader, just not a very fast one and he has trouble with spelling. This time of year is so hard for homework without anyone here to help him, but it's what we have to deal with I guess.
4- Pickle played the violin with the Primary in their Primary Program to the song, "I Will Follow God's Plan". She did really well and worked hard to get her part learned that her teacher wrote. She was nervous but did very well. I think it helped her realize, she is good at it and she is starting to enjoy it more. She got a new song for festival that seems pretty difficult to me but she is excited. However, she had a bad last day of September when someone at school stepped on the back of her heel and she tripped and fell. She hit her head and broke her elbow. We had to go to Pocatello that evening and she had surgery the next day to put 2 pins in it. She was very upset at first and quite often told me that day and the next that "this JUST isn't FAIR!". I had to keep telling her that "Life isn't Fair" but everything would work out and this trial for her would be something she would learn from. She has been really tough and has had a very positive attitude since that day. She feels really bad that she has to miss school on some days to go get more xrays and the real cast on next week. This was her year to finally win a bike. I feel bad for her. It's hard to have dreams and goals not work out the way you want them to, but I know that something good can come from our trials too. I hope she can learn this also. She is also in TaVaci this year and is having a lot of fun with her friends who are in it.
6- We started harvest. That has been fun ... as always! Gus rides with

1 comment:
I love that survey. SO cute. I think it just hit me that if Gus is turning three, that HP will be soon too! I cna't believe it.
Post a Comment