Just a quick snippit about Jake and what's going on ...
Ok, I thought I'd let you all know what the latest on Jake is for those of you who are interested... Our Dr. talked to a couple Orthopaedic Specialists here in town and one said he thought he should just stop playing and jumping and rest for a year or so and let the bone grow back, and the other one said we should go to Primary Children's where they see about 1 or 2 cases of this a day. So we are going to go to Primary's. We couldn't get an appointment until July 11th tho which frustrates me cause I'd like to see what they tell us to do sooner instead of just waiting around hoping he gets better (and making him sit still)... if that makes sense.
I included a link that I thought was one of the best I had found on what his condition is if you want to read about it. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about ... Jake started limping and complaining his leg hurt about 6 months ago. We thought it was because he'd fallen off his bike when he was learning to ride without training wheels or maybe because the bike was too small. We went to the doctor to see if he had cracked a bone but they couldn't see anything wrong. The X-rays looked normal. So, during the winter I would see him limp once in a while and I guess I just thought it was growing pains cause it wasn't consistent .... Now I realize it was because he wasn't playing too hard in the winter time. But this summer his limping and pain has gotten worse so we brought him back to the doctor and they came up with this diagnosis.
Anyway, I really hope and pray that we can get an earlier appointment by some sort of cancellation or something. Anyway, that's that. Talk to you later ...
6 comments:
WOW! Thanks for the info. I have wondered more about whats been going on. Let me know if there is anything we can do. Luvs!!
I love Jakey, I've been thinking about him a lot. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.
You so need to call me!! Good luck with the appointment (and with getting him to sit still...)
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'm sure everything will be fine. It's just the waiting. (Plus Jakee's been getting really mad at me cause I won't let him play... :(
Hello!
My seven year old, Nathan, has had Perthes now for over a year and a half and I've been searching the internet for some time to find community and connection with other families who are going through the same ordeal. Can I get your email address so that we can chat about some of the issues we are both facing? That would be wonderful.
Thanks!!
You can email me by clicking on the "email me" part in the upper right part of my blog. Please put Perthes in the subject so I don't think it's junk mail. ;) When I found out what my son had I searched the internet like you had, but had stopped. Thank you for contacting me.
Post a Comment