Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independance Day

The fourth of July has always been my favorite holiday (I'm glad Kayla has joined the ranks of having this her favorite! :) When I lived in St. George it was always so much fun to go with friends and family to the fireworks and get so excited when the sparks felt like they would fall on us. Many times we would be able to see one fall nearby. I always loved the awesome graphics that would go up as well, like flags, and the statue of Liberty, and others. When we moved back up to this area we always went to Jackson to be in the parade and then watch the fireworks up on Snow King Mountain. Very happy memories that have definitely made this my favorite holiday.

As I've gotten older I've definitely realized why we celebrate the 4th of July and I am very thankful for our freedom! Jake asked me last night on the way to the fireworks why we have the fireworks and I explained to him that we go to show thanks and celebrate our freedom to do the many things we get to do in this country. The "people" that came over from England to get away from those who didn't want them to express their opinion and free will for religion and many other things. It made me more thankful for living here and the opportunity we have to do what we want. I'm even more grateful for family and the time we had to spend with them yesterday. That's what it is all about!! I'm also thankful for the family I have that serve in the military! Jacob had to work yesterday and wasn't able to celebrate with his wife and daughter but it made me realize that we still need to be protected ... even on the 4th of July ... and I'm very grateful they are willing to do it for us. Barry will be leaving next month to go to Iraq to train Iraqi's. I'm grateful for both of these guys who sacrifice so much and whose wives and little girls sacrifice so much so that we can enjoy these freedoms. It's for people like them and those in the past that have built this country so we can have a good time with our friends and family!


I love Kodie's expression!! Like, "Megan, what you smilin' about?"


Sweet Bows made by Annie Bananie!!


2 comments:

DeAna said...

I hadn't checked your blog for a few days so this was a great catch up. great pics! Absolutely great since I'm so visual. I love the narration. Great job all the way around. Happy almost birthday!!

Annie said...

I also love Kodie's look on her face, haha. And I love Jake's face on the motorcycle, I can almost hear him making that sound when I look at it!

Archive