Tuesday, March 31, 2009

M's Bday










Turtle turned the big 4! She loved her birthday. We went to Salt Lake for J's appointment and we brought all the kids this time and spent the evening at the hotel swimming. The next day we had J's appointment and then on the way home we stopped in Layton at Chuck E Cheese's. We were there for nearly three hours ... but it was pretty fun. The kids were really good and had so much fun. I won't lie, Gary and I enjoy the games too. {wink}

On Saturday, on her actual birthday we went swimming at the Blackfoot Swimming Pool with her cousins. Turtle gets to share her birthday with her younger cousin and they thought it would be fun to have a swimming party. My kids are sure having fun swimming lately. They also started swimming lessons with their cousins this last Monday and Tuesday. Pickle has become a little fish ... which is such a change from last year. LG also got to get in and he enjoyed it but it was a little too chilly for him. We got out after just a little while because he got chilly quick.

4 things I love about Turtle:

1 - She's determined (as her Grandpa E says). She definitely beats to her own drum and strong willed. I think these are all good traits and want to guide her to use them in a positive way. (That's the hard part tho ... and these traits are also the things that frustrate me about her. haha)

2 - She is well rounded. She loves anything "ball" which could make her seem like a tom-boy. Her favorite color is pink. She loves her dolls and has told me several times and others when they ask that when she grows up she wants to be a mom. She likes to play Barbies ... but usually with other girls and not by herself or with J-ster (and usually he's the only one around to play with).

3 - She's a super big helper with her little brother and wants to protect him from anything. Usually, tho, he needs protection from her. j/k

4 - She gives great hugs!!! She's super sweet ... she just doesn't show it to many people unless they are really close to her. She tends to glare at people at Church if they try to talk to her and ask her how she is doing but she really is such a sweet little girl. I'm not sure how to help her not do that.

Basically ... I think Megan is just like me when I was a kid attitude wise. I hope that helps me understand her better. I'm so thankful she is in our family.

No comments:

Archive