Friday, May 15, 2009

It's been a while....



Boy, it's been a while since I've posted. I've been busy trying to keep my house clean ... where as before I just gave up and would stay on the computer all day. haha And I've been trying to keep my yard up and things as well. But I have several things I want to post ... so I hope I can get them done ....



We went to Shoshone Falls a couple weeks ago because with all the rain we heard it should be pretty cool. It rained pretty hard most of the way down and most of the way back, but when we got there it was warm and sunny. It was a nice break. We stopped at Masacre Rocks on the way down as well. We've droven by there several times, so we decided to stop. Em and I got to go to our first Mother/Daughter activity and they asked the girls questions that the mom's were supposed to guess their questions. They asked what their favorite vacation was and I thought for sure it was the two times we've been to the beach and to California, and Em put Shoshone Falls. I didn't really look at it as a vacation, but I'm glad that the kids see spending time together like that as one. {smile}

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Mary Lynn--I reached your blog through Melissa's--and it's fun to see your nice family pictures!!

I'm glad you're finding time to take the kids on little trips like this. That truly makes wonderful memories for your children---times they'll remember and recall all their lives. When Dennis used to farm, we'd take our five on camping trips every time it rained. We'd put together a camping trip right on the spur-of-the-moment, and you should've seen the marvelous cooperation as we threw things in the camper! :) Our grown kids now sit around the table talking about how rainy weather reminds them of 'camping out'!
My advice is: Keep doing little "get-aways" every chance you get! (oh-we plan to come VT next week--OK?) Karen

Owner said...

Looks so gorgeous and green!! I miss green. ;)

Archive