I thought it is good knowledge to know how many calories we are burning when we do physical activity. I got these from www.americanheart.org. The link below will take you to their site and show you the amount of calories burned for one hour. Since we are promoting at least 15 minutes of activity I converted the calories burned in this chart below.
Physical Activity Calorie Use Chart
| Activity | 100 lb | 150 lb | 200 lb |
| Bicycling, 6 mph | 40 | 60 | 78 |
| Bicycling, 12 mph | 68 | 103 | 133.5 |
| Jogging, 7 mph | 153 | 230 | 308 |
| Jumping Rope | 125 | 188 | 250 |
| Running, 5.5 mph | 110 | 165 | 241 |
| Running, 10 mph | 213 | 320 | 416 |
| Swimming, 25 yds/min | 46 | 69 | 90 |
| Swimming, 50 yds/min | 81 | 125 | 163 |
| Tennis Singles | 66 | 100 | 134 |
| Walking, 2 mph | 40 | 60 | 78 |
| Walking, 3 mph | 53 | 80 | 104 |
| Walking, 4.5 mph | 74 | 110 | 143 |
I also found from an app on my IPod Touch (I’m not sure what the weight is on this, so go for the 100 calories):
Gardening 44
House Cleaning 29
Elliptical 103
Vacuuming 37
Yardwork 48
I’m not sure what the difference is with Yardwork and Gardening. But Gardening must be easier. {smile} I also looked for shopping and didn’t find it.
Have a good day!!
5 comments:
I got my 15 minutes done by getting the weeds off my lawn that I pulled from my flower bed!
I went on a wonderful walk with the family...and cleaned my house. :)
Pulled weeds and used your rototiller (THANKS again btw)& cleaned house
Hauled bricks (no wheel barrow) from front to back yard (my heart rate was up for the whole time), laid more pavers in yard, pulled weeds, cleaned yard, took kids to Baby Animal Days. I DEFINITELY got my 15 minutes in today!
I cleaned and moved boxes like a mad dog yesterday. That was my 15 minutes.
Post a Comment