Friday, May 1, 2009

Moving for 15 minutes

Ok, as most of you can see I enjoy FLYlady and their habit for this month is to get moving for at least 15 minutes. They are doing a Virtual Walk Around the World. For every 15 minutes of movement that is posted in there minute meter, we will convert those minutes into miles. 15 minutes equals 1 mile. Theytake all those miles on a course and get to each destination on there tour.

I thought this sounded like a lot of fun and a good way to encourage each other to get moving. Spring is here and even if it is wet, I think we can find some good ways to get moving. Every day there will be a post with a health tip from me or my awesome sister-in-law Alisa to encourage us and help us. Every day please comment if you have "moved" for 15 minutes. You can comment and tell us what you did for 15 minutes or more and I will keep track. At the end of the month there will be prizes given! I will give prizes for the most minutes logged, the most creative movement, etc. Please try to make your "movements" as aerobic as possible. We will be giving tips on healthy eating habits and creative ways to move as well. I want to have fun with this and hope that you do too!!!

Let's encourage each other!

2 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

I moved today thanks to my mom who came down to help me work in my yard. I'm sort of sore ... too ... but that's ok. I feel good and that's what matters. We were out there for 3 hours but I'm not sure I was breathing hard for most of it ... but I was moving. ;)

Kayla said...

I went grocery shopping! I was sore too :0) !!!

Archive