Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cake Maker and Anniversary

Pickle has been wanting to bake lately and she made safe cookie dough to eat a couple times and then she has made 2 cakes. The first one we didn't have frosting and I didn't want to show her how to make frosting so we ate the cake without frosting and this one I bought some frosting for her. She did every single bit of it herself except taking it out of the oven. We'll pretend she made this for Gary and my anniversary. he he

Gary and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on Thursday. It was a good day. We went to breakfast (with Gus) after we dropped Turtle off at Preschool and then enjoyed some peace and quiet while Turtle was at Preschool and Gus was sleeping. I was able to get the 47 scrapbook pages I had printed put in their books. We were also able to go out to dinner and watch a movie (Sherlock Holmes ... I didn't like it but oh well. We'll watch a chick flick or a comedy next time. haha) We went to Outback for dinner. That is my MOST favorite restaurant!! I just love, love, love their meat!!! haha
While we were at breakfast we made up a list of things we've aquired during our 10 years (I know that we've aquired more than just "things" that are more important but I thought the list was fun):
1 husband &/or wife

2 houses

3 four wheelers

4 kids

5 dogs

6 church callings each

7 10 wheeler trucks (4), tractors (2), and combine (1)

8 vehicles

9 years of arguing (haha, mostly cause we couldn't think of anything else)

10 years of marriage

4 comments:

Alisa said...

Happy Anniversary. Very cute pictures and that is a lot to accumulate! Way to go. :)

Kayla Evans said...

What the....Comments by Stalkers!?! Ok, I will admit that I am a stalker. But only because I love you! What a CUTE cake Miss Pickle! I love it! Keep up the good work. I am so happy for your 10 yrs....good luck on the next 10!

Doug and Julie said...

Cute list, kind of makes you think. Congratulations.

Katie!! said...

haha!! what a funny list! congrats on your anniversary!

Archive