Monday, July 5, 2010

Motherhood ...

I often get discouraged because I constantly feel like I'm failing at my job as a Mother. I was thankful for this Mormon Message.



Today has happened to be a good day (so far).  I decided to do what my good friend and Relief Society President used to do with her kids when they were growing up.  I made a list of the chores that needed to be done today and what they could earn beside each one.  We try to encourage them to wake up early instead of sleeping in to teach them to get stuff done early and then they will have time to do other stuff the rest of the day.  I didn't want to pay my kids for their chores, but my friend pointed out that it shows them the value of work and to be able to manage their money as well as an early understanding of Tithing.  Whoever woke up first got to pick the 2 jobs they wanted and then the next one and so on.  I wasn't sure it was going to work with my kids ... but guess what!  They are all done with their chores and they have not complained ... {too much}.  So today has been a positive day as a mother.  I'm hoping I can have more and have a better attitude about it.  :-)

1 comment:

Pearl Girl said...

I know exactly what you mean, in fact yesterday I used those exact words. I felt like a failure. The lord must have took pity on me and today was wonderful, now I think I can go on for another day.

Archive