We had our annual Dean G and Neva C Humpherys Reunion on July 15 thru 17 of this year. My kids and I went up on the 14th and Gary came up on the 16th and we all stayed until the 18th. We had it in Grey's River, WY. We've had several of our reunions there and all of the family have many memories there throughout the years. I really love the area. Our campsite was beautiful and was able to fit all 84 of us! My Grandparents had 10 children, 9 which lived to adulthood and 8 that are still living. We had all 9 families represented with the majority of my cousins and their families there. I love my family and it was so fun to get to see all of them even if it's only once a year.
We had a fun scavenger hunt that most of us got involved in. They also had a fishing contest that I didn't do because Gary hadn't made it up yet ... and because I'm going to blame him. haha I really didn't want to bring Gus to the river with the other kids by myself.
Here is my cousin climbing a tree for part of the scavenger hunt. We had to take pictures for part of it and bring back items for part of it.
We had to take a picture of Animal Droppings (that wasn't a dog or horse) so my awesome Cousin C.J. went and found some and brought it back while we were looking for other things to save us time!
Here is our super creative "Bird in flight". Honestly, It's not my fault my LCD screen on my camera isn't that big and our "judge" couldn't tell it wasn't a real bird!
But because of that ... we won!! YAY!!! The Great-Granchildren were a little upset ... since most of my group were adults ... but we shared the prize of pop and cookies with them so it's all good! It really was a fun reunion. Thanks to my Aunt NaDean who was in charge and her kids Jimmy and Carol and their families for putting it on this year.


No comments:
Post a Comment