We had a great July. It went way too fast for my liking, however. From the last post you remember we started out July with my family reunion and then the Fourth of July. I celebrated my birthday the next week and had a terrific day. Gary and I went to the Idaho Falls Temple, ate lunch at Fire House Grill, and then had dessert at the Orange Leaf. Oh my heavens, just writing about it makes me want to go back right now! Yummm.... Yummm.... Yummm!
The day after my birthday and after violin lessons Gary brought us over to Afton, WY to visit my Dad. He made a covered wagon and drives it around town there for the locals and tourists. Pickle & Snake played for those that rode on Saturday and each made $4.00 in tips. Dad also let them bring the Shetland Pony up and those who wanted a picture with the pony paid $1.00 and my kids got the money from that. The four of them split that and they each made $3.00. We went to a sulfur springs one night in Auburn. Dad was invited by some people he knew and they had a nice Dutch oven BBQ and entertainment. Snake liked swimming in the pond. The sulfur water made his skin really soft. It was really stinky or I might have gotten in. (maybe) Oh, also, a family from Holland's RV broke down and so they were stranded in Afton and so Dad invited them to the BBQ. Snake had a lot of fun with their son his age even though they didn't speak the same language. Also, Clark Kelly Price was there and I was able to meet him. I have a painting of his and he painted a picture of my Grandpa on a horse that is "famous" in our household. Gary came up Saturday afternoon. We all went to the Tractor/Truck pulls that night and then came home the next day. They really had a great time up there. Snake wanted to stay all summer but then he'd miss out on the other family activities we are doing.
We went for a drive Sunday, and when we got out to walk around and take some pictures, this bull thought we were in his territory and got pretty loud. We decided to leave. Gus didn't like that bull one bit.
This last weekend we had Gary's Mom's Family's reunion at Downata Hot Springs. I didn't take one single picture. Not even with my phone. I ended up leaving my phone in the camper some of the time because of going swimming and didn't bring my camera to the pool so I have no pictures. I hope that others got some that I can use for a scrapbook page! I really like Downata. The pool is WARM which I love. I really don't like swimming because the water is usually cold. The slides were really fun also! I wish the area for Turtle & Gus were better and easier for them to walk because they wanted to be held most of the time. Once we put life jackets on them they did better though. Snake & Pickle went down the Black Slide and Dragon slide over and over. They could have stayed there all day I think!
I really enjoy having our camper to make camping more comfortable. I really enjoyed being with Gary's family and just relaxing and having a good time. Saturday night we all made dutch oven. Gary & I made fried chicken and apple crisp. They both turned out pretty good. (Even though I was too full to have any dessert, that's what I heard)
Well, that's all I can think of so far. I'm sure there is more, but I don't have the pictures to prove it. This coming month of August means cutting grain, getting ready and starting school, a niece getting married and a nephew getting baptized, and hopefully lots more fun than we can handle!
Hop on over to my Design blog and get the August Desktop Wallpaper. Have a good one!



No comments:
Post a Comment