We just got back from an awesome trip to the Vandenburg Air Force Base to visit Gary's sister and her family. I had a lot of pictures so I just decided to add them all in a collage. You can click on the image to view the collage larger.
We went to Vegas (Henderson) last Sunday and stayed the night with my brother. They are always so nice to allow us to stay with them and help break up our trip so we aren't in the car for so long. We then got to Annie's on Monday. They made us a really nice dinner and we relaxed after our drive.
The next day we went to the beach since Jake hadn't been there before and he and the girls were so excited to go there again. I love the drive to their house and driving along the coast by Santa Barbara. The Ocean is so beautful. Jake loved the "pirate ships" he kept seeing out in the ocean. (the oil rigs. {smile})
The next day was Christmas Eve. We went to Chuck E Cheese's and then when we got back Annie made the kids some slap wrist bracelets and Pickle helped her make sugar cookies. It was supposed to be a project for us and the kids but Pickle was the only one who really wanted to help but that's ok. They all had fun and loved the bracelets and cookies. Thanks Annie for the fun! We then let them open PJ's that night and got them all in bed. We had fun playing Santa. That's one of my funnest parts of Christmas. But it's also my most nerve wracking. I'm always afraid the kids will catch me. haha {Pickle did ask me why Santa's wrapping paper was in the back of the Excursion. She asked me that a couple years ago too. I just have to keep telling her that Santa must think we need some paper for next year so he leaves it behind with us}
This is Christmas Day. The kids didn't even wake up early. I'm not sure why our kids don't get up early. We had to wake them up. Sheesh ... {haha}


This is the next day. Gary, Jacob, and little J went fishing at the Ocean. They said the tide was way too high and the waves were crazy so they didn't get anything, but they had fun. Annie, I, and the girls went to Santa Maria and ate lunch and had fun at Chuck E Cheese's again. We had to get prizes since the last time we were there they were out.
We had a good trip home as well. I'm grateful for my wonderful family ... immediate and extended and that we had this opportunity. I know my kids and I will remember this forever. Thank you again Annie and Jacob. We love you guys!


6 comments:
Oh wow! It looks and sounds like you all had so much fun!! We need to take a trip for the holidays one of these coming years.
Love all your pictures, I'll have you send me some sometime, if that's ok. Then I'll have more to scrapbook since I don't feel like I took enough.
How fun to be someplace warm! I love the collages. You are so creative!
Annie, yes i'll send you any you would like. Mel, I got the collages idea from another friends blog. So I can't take the credit for that creativity. :)
fun fun fun!!!
I am jealous. It looks so warm. Your pictures of the beach and stuff turned out great. We missed having you around for Christmas.I am glad you guys had fun.
Post a Comment