Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Catching up

I'm going to try and catch up on some posting ... We'll see how I do. haha The other day I made sent my blog posts from 2008 to be published into a book! For a long time Blurb wouldn't work with blogger but then I got their newsletter last week that said it was working again! YAY!! I was so excited. So I tried it. It is supposed to be here today. I can't wait to see it. I've been so behind on my journal writing and my scrapbooking that I thought, maybe, this will help get it all compiled. But now I need to do better on my blogging and be more thorough. (how do you spell that word ...?)



Any ... who ... On February 4th Gary and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. Gary's gift to me was watching the kids so I could go shopping all day. {big cheesy grin} Then we went to Dinner that evening at Iggy's. We hadn't been there before. It was pretty nice. A man Gary knows through farming was there and we chatted with him for a second before getting our table. Later when it was time for our check the waitress told us that a man wanted to buy our meal. We were pretty shocked and couldn't think of who it was. Came to find out it was the man we visited with. I thought that was pretty cool. I felt silly cause he didn't have to do that, but I also thought it was pretty neat he would do that.





So to follow tradition ... i'm going to post 9 things I love about Gary since it was our Anniversary.



1. He's so very patient with me! He's also very patient with the kids. I think he needs to be more patient with me tho. haha

2. He's extremely honest and full of integrity. I think I've learned more about integrity from him than anyone I know.

3. He loves to play with his kids. I'm glad that he will wrestle with them and play any sort of game with them. I'm glad he takes time to pull them on the sled with the 4-wheeler or around on the snowmobile (when there is enough snow by our house).

4. He's an extremely hard worker! He's willing to do what he needs to do no matter what. He can fix anything and if he doesn't know how, he'll try to figure it out. If he can't figure it out, he's humble enough to have someone else do it.

5. He's not extravagent. If that makes sense. He doesn't feel like he has to have the very best of everything. He's willing to have what he needs and have it be nice. He's not cheap but he doesn't feel like he needs to spend a lot of money on stuff he doesn't need.

6. He lets me do whatever I want. He encourages me to try new things and I appreciate that very much. He also lets me get things that are "extravagent" even if he doesn't think we need them. {another cheesy grin}

7. He loves his family, immediate and extended, and would do anything for any of them. He truly loves his brothers and sister and wants the best for them.

8. He's really smart!!

9. I know this should have been number one, but I saved it for last. {wink} He loves the Lord and the gospel. He has a strong testimony. He's humble. He's intelligent. He's always surprising me with the things he knows. I shouldn't be surprised! He teaches me a lot about how much I don't know and is always helping to humble me. He definetly is our better half and I have a lot to learn from him. I'm thankful that I was blessed to have him as my husband!

6 comments:

Annie said...

What a sweet post! I'll have to remember this idea for our anniversary!

Kayla Evans said...

I am SO glad that Gary let you go shopping all day....IT WAS A BLAST HUH! I am already wishing we could go again {wink} That was neat to hear what you had to say about Gary. I think that he is a pretty neat guy also!

Michelle said...

Congrats on your 9 year anniversary and such a great husband too.

DeAna said...

**echo**
what a wonderful post! Love the tradition!! Gary is a wonderful man and you are lucky to have him. You are blessed to have him, those wonderful children, and every other good thing in your life--you deserve it!
Happy anniversary Mary and Gary! Love you!

Barry said...

Happy A-Day. Love you guys.

sherriemeister said...

I know I'm a little late here, but echo 5 times. I've always thought you were blessed to have Gary in ur life. I'm proud of you for being a good spirit to have that blessing of finding Gary come to pass. Love ya

Archive