Monday, August 17, 2009

Size of a dime ....

.... is what the Dr. told Gary. He told Gary I did really well in surgery and the hole was a size of a dime and the patch was the size of a quarter.

We were to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. and we didn't really wait at all. We had to do admitting paperwork and then I had to change into the gorgeous robe {which I made Gary take a picture of me but it was with his phone and I forgot to upload it} and they did some vitals and other things and then by 7:30 they came to get me and wheeled me down to surgery. I was a baby and felt pretty bad when they made Gary kiss me good bye and go wait in the waiting room. When I got down to the surgery room one of the nurses told me not to look so sad and I tried to cheer up ... but I just wished Gary could have come down. I also thought it was quite interesting that all the nurses were Male, the anesthesiologist, and Dr were male. They were listening to some sort of Rock music which reminded me of E.R. {haha} don't ask me why. One of them told me not to worry cause this was their job and they do it all the time ... so I relaxed. The next thing the room was moving up and down, like a TV that has bad tracking .... Then I woke up to the nurse writing something down and then he wheeled me up to my room. I heard Gary say, "Hey, there she is." My mom was watching my kids so Janet came up and was there when I got out of surgery. I had to lay there for 4 hours so my leg where they went up to do the surgery would rest and then we were able to leave at 2:00 p.m. It was all pretty fast.

We went to my mom's to see the girls and Landon and then we got home at 3:30 p.m. When we got home my friends Jaeme and Jaime had cleaned my house. I was a little embarrassed because it showed how bad of a housekeeper I am. They did such a nice job and it has been so much easier to relax knowing I don't have to get up and clean. People have been very nice bringing me meals and some friends even helped in my garden. It really helps me realize I have great friends and family and I truly appreciate it! I hope I can be as thoughtful as they are.

Ok, well, enough about me. Just thought I'd update you all and hopefully we don't need any more posts about me. I much rather post about my kids and the things they are doing or photos I've taken or something else entirely. {wink}

Have a good day!

6 comments:

Annie said...

I'm so glad it all went so well. I can't believe it was all so fast. Thank goodness for modern day medicine!!! Make sure you take it easy so you don't have to go back again, put my mom to work, haha.

Kayla said...

I am so glad you got it all over with and fixed. But have to admit, made me kinda sad you talking about the goodbye kiss. I would have a hard time with it too! You do have great people that love you! I am glad that you are feeling better. Luvs!

DeAna said...

me too--got little teary reading this post. good bye kiss--tugs at the heart strings--no pun intented.
people taking care of you--oh how sweet and inspiring. I'm also so glad you have had this done. Love you.

Mel said...

I'm glad everything went well. I know what you mean about not wanting to part. Only I was on the other side of the parting, I hated leaving Trent to go into his surgery. Take it easy, I know that's easier said than done when you're the mom, but at least try.

Pearl Girl said...

I am so glad you have this overwith, and your back home and everything. So what did they patch teh hole with? and how do you feel now? what is the recovery like?

Michelle said...

Wow!! Oh my goodness, I'm so amazed that they can do that kind of procedure so quickly, you were in and out it sounded like. That's awesome you have such good friends to take care of you

Archive