About 5 minutes to 11:00 we were told there would be a 45 minute delay and that there were mechanical problems and those who were on the 10:00 ride were just sitting on the tracks waiting. Below you can see my kids waiting to see the train but this one was just the one that had held up the passenger train.
My battery died soon after I took this next picture below but at least I got a semi good picture of the outside of the passenger train.
When we were able to get on our ride it was very relaxing. L had fallen asleep on my shoulder and slept through the whole ride. I was very impressed with how roomy the seats were. They were like 1st class seats on a plane (which I've only seen on T.V.). We only went to Firth on our ride instead of Shelley to get back for the 12:00 riders. Later some of my friends that were on the 12:00 ride only went to the Wapello Elementary school which was just across from our house. They didn't get much of a ride and I would have been pretty upset if I was them. It was a fun experience tho and glad we were able to do it!
2 comments:
That's cool, looks like fun.
HAHA, I just saw your "I love visiting teaching" button. Only a secretary in the RS would have that, haha!
How fun! I didn't even know that the train was here. I went for a train ride in Blackfoot back in middle school days! It was fun and exciting. I love all of your awesome links you have on your blog. I need to check them out. Need to go VT this week....I love that I came across that VT blog last month. So helpful ;o)
Post a Comment