I Had to speak on Sunday ... On Mother's day. I was so stinkin' nervous clear until I got sat down up front. I just decided to "fake it till I make it" sort of. I think it turned out all right. Turtle thought she needed to be up there with me and promised she would sit still but anytime I got a little emotional she would come up by me and look at me weird. Then she would sit back down by the bishopric. I chose not to let it bother me.....
My talk was partly on this talk and this video.
The next day, Monday evening, these two rats were fighting and not saying nice things to each other. I made them sit down in front of each other and hold hands and say 10 nice things to each other. GE and I were laughing (under our breaths) so hard. They eventually did it tho and I was impressed at how the atmosphere changed. This was one of my rare moments where I felt some success in parenting. Turtle and Gus wanted a turn after the other two were done even. Haha

(This was originally posted from my phone. The links have now been updated.)
My talk was partly on this talk and this video.
The next day, Monday evening, these two rats were fighting and not saying nice things to each other. I made them sit down in front of each other and hold hands and say 10 nice things to each other. GE and I were laughing (under our breaths) so hard. They eventually did it tho and I was impressed at how the atmosphere changed. This was one of my rare moments where I felt some success in parenting. Turtle and Gus wanted a turn after the other two were done even. Haha
(This was originally posted from my phone. The links have now been updated.)
3 comments:
I love it! The look on their faces is priceless. Great idea!
That's awesome. I'm going to have to remember that one. I love the look on their faces. They obviously didn't enjoy it as much as you.
I should have taken a picture of them at the end when they had begun being nice to each other. :)
Post a Comment